We invite you to help us fight against hopelessness, hunger, poverty, and injustices to create DREAM STREETS in West AND North Nashville. This year, participate IN PERSON on Saturday, February 27th at 10:30 AM (12 and under fun run at 10 AM), or register to participate VIRTUALLY. You can run/walk anytime from now until 11:59 PM on race day and upload your results!
Prizes awarded to in-person and virtual participants!
When we first dreamed of the idea of having an annual 5K race years ago, we knew one thing: we wanted people to run through the neighborhood that we serve and meet the people we love. Our 5K is about walking or running together as a community. The exact distance, five kilometers, is the same distance many of the families we serve would have to walk or take the bus to get groceries. Our hope has always been that people would come back and serve alongside us by running through the community. This year our dreams are more significant, the need is greater, and our community has expanded. The funds we collect in this year’s 5K will help us continue our ministries and keep our mission alive for this community.
We want to challenge you: Don’t just run! Run–and then participate in the DREAM and walk alongside us throughout the year. There is always a place for you here at the West Nashville Dream Center.
We will continue to monitor local and state regulations concerning Covid-19 in regards to this event. We will also abide by the following guidelines:
1) All volunteers and staff on-site will be temperature checked upon arrival and required to wear a face mask at all times.
2) All runners will be asked to wear a mask until the race begins, at which time, if you feel it is better for your racing ability to remove your mask, you will be able to do so. We simply ask that you replace your face mask after the event.
3) Volunteers and staff handling food will have hand sanitizer and gloves on at all times.
4) All snacks and drinks will be served in individual portions.
5) We will encourage social distancing during all pre-and post-race activities.
6) We will stagger participant start times to avoid a large gathering at the starting line.
$20.00 to $35.00 —Virtual participation $20, In-Person 5K $35, Fun run FREE